Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ!
Well, the lazy, hazy, and rainy days of summer are over and we’re all back! The stores have had their “Back to School” promotions. The children are off to school. The rest of us are back at work.
- In a way, though, we’re all going “Back to School.”
- Our school is the Academy of Christian Living.
- It’s located at the intersection of suffering and joy.
- Our teacher is Jesus Christ.
- Our classrooms are the family, the church, and our workplace.
- Our textbook is the Bible.
- Our school spirit is vibrant: the Holy Spirit!
- Our curriculum is Living the Arts and Sciences of “Grace-full” Sharing.
- Entrance requirements: A desire for happiness and holiness.
- Lesson plan: Conversion, justification, and sanctification.
- Spread the Gospel.
- Care for the poor.
- Work for justice and peace.
- Promotion: Full Life Now and Eternal Life “After School.”
Our teacher says: “Come to me… and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble of heart. Your souls will find rest, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:29-30)
Well, the hot, hazy, and dry days of summer are about over and we’re all back! The way we come back and come together is vital. Let’s take to heart and put into action the Holy Word of God.
“If then our common life in Christ yields anything to stir the heart, any loving consolation, any sharing of the Spirit, any warmth of affection or compassion, fill up my cup of happiness by thinking and feeling alike with the same love for one another, the same turn of mind and a common care for unity. Rivalry and personal vanity should have no place among you, but you should humbly reckon others better than yourselves. You must look to each other’s interest and not merely to your own. Let your bearing towards one another arise out of your life in Christ.” (Philippians 2:1-5)
It’s so great to be “Back to School” with all of you.
God loves you and so do I,